Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Project 2009

It seems like every summer there is a major project to be done. I guess that's part of what our summer is all about. The project for 2007 was our deck. For 2008, it was new flooring and carpet for the downstairs. And with a 3 year old, for 2009, it was a swingset. David did all the work, which really kind of bummed me out because (shhh, don't tell anyone) I really enjoy helping with these projects. I like a little hammering or drilling now and again. But my job was to keep the boys safely out of the way lest anyone be injured by the swingset before it was even constructed. So, here is the progression via pictures...

After much deliberation, it was decided that this pile of wood and this kit would be used to build the swingset.

Constructing the clubhouse portion of the swingset.

Getting a little help from a little guy.


One of the first trips down the slide.

One of the first trips down the slide, Luke-style - one shoe off, on his belly.


A group trip down the slide.



Definitely enjoying the slide.

The finished product.

The swingset is a perfect size for the boys. Neither one is too sure about the swinging yet, so I guess that keeps me from having to push them both on swings for hours on end. However, both are really enjoying climbing the ladder and then sliding. Seth was even heard to remark, "I'm really sore from all that sliding!"

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Looks like the lil'guys will have hours and hours of summer fun! Thanks for sharing!